Intervention Aide (Binghampton)
In July 2019, Compass Community Schools opened six high-quality charter schools (five elementary and one middle/high) in the Memphis communities of Binghampton, Berclair, Frayser, Hickory Hill, Midtown, and Orange Mound. We focus intently on three pillars – academic excellence, values-based character education, and service learning in the community – as we prepare our students for college and life-long success.
Our vision is Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s ideal of education: “Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.” This true education – provided within a supportive, joyful, and hopeful school culture – will prepare our students to be positive agents of change in our communities.
Compass Community Schools seeks an intervention aide for the upcoming school year. We seek aides who know their content backward and forwards and are passionate about preparing Memphis youth academically and in character for college and life-long success. Our aides will enjoy and benefit from our intentionally small school settings, which will help them to develop trusting, positive relationships with their students and colleagues.
● Support and contribute to a school-wide focus on three pillars: academic excellence, values-based character education, and service learning in the community.
● Claim ownership of the privilege and responsibility to ensure high levels of student learning.
● Establish a supportive, joyful, and hopeful classroom culture that has high expectations for students’ individual and collective success.
● Consistently teach with purpose, clarity, and urgency.
● Carefully monitor data regarding student progress and make necessary instructional adjustments to ensure student success.
● Communicate regularly with families as partners in the education of their children.
● Welcome opportunities to develop professionally.
● Affinity with, and passion for, the compelling vision of Compass Community Schools
● Strong content knowledge
What We Offer
● Mission-driven, joyful, respectful working environments
● Intentionally small school settings
● Opportunity to positively impact the lives of Memphis youth
● Competitive compensation and benefits package
Please send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org .